Sunday, February 17, 2013

Purging for a SIMPLE (clutter free) LIFE



     Do you ever dream of a simple life, one that is clutter free and organized?   A life where you know where to put something because it actually has a home, besides the junk drawer, or dining room table or the bed in the guest room?  I am always dreaming of this, but never knew where to begin.
    I wouldn't call myself a hoarder, but I do have a hard time letting go of certain things.  I tell myself  " I might need that some day" or " One of the kids might need that "and therefore I  continue to hold on to way to much "STUFF".  Do you do that?  The  "STUFF" has overtaken my life and I am going to conquer the "CLUTTER"  once and for all !!!!

    Since I'm a "Pinterest Addict" I started searching for ideas or tips on how to declutter my home and life and came across a lot of them ( of course I did, Pinterest is full of ideas and projects) . Here is where I had to tell myself, "Remember the task at hand,  STAY FOCUSED ".   I found one in particular that I felt fit my needs to keep me focused and on track over at Clover Lane.  Check out her blog and see how she decluttered her home in 40 days.

     I loved the idea that I can personalize the list to fit my needs by breaking it down into small tasks and not feel overwhelmed.  You wouldn't have to go 40 days, you can do how ever many days you want or need.  I didn't think I would have 40 areas that would need purged. I started making my list and thinking about how long each area would take me, and quickly had a list of 40 areas.  OMG !!!  I was shocked, but as you will see in my list I have certain areas that I have listed more than just one day.  ( oops, I think this might be where the hoarder comes in)

MY PLAN
40 Bags in 40 Days


     I better go buy some big black trash bags, pretty sure I'm going to need  a lot of them. LOL !!! 

     If you knew me, you would know that there will be items that I won't want to get rid of.  When I come across those items I have a list of questions to ask myself to help me make that decision.

  1. Do I use it daily?  weekly?  monthly?  
  2. Does it have sentimental value?
  3. Do I LOVE it ? 
  4. Will I miss it if I get rid of it?
  5. Does it fit?
  6. Is it stained?  or tore?
     If I answer no to any one of the questions 1-5 , it is going in the bag.  Items can be donated or if you like to make a little extra money, you could have a garage sale with the items you are getting rid of.  I will probably will be doing both.  I have a local organization that I love donating to and they will even pick up the items.  How much better could it get !!

   My plan is to start now and by the time Spring comes, I will have my home clutter free and can enjoy the beautiful Spring weather (definitely my favorite season).   

Who is going to join me in this journey to a 
Simple (clutter free) life?





No comments:

Post a Comment